Here is a step-by-step tutorial on creating a time-triggered Azure function:
- Go to the Azure portal and create a new Azure Functions app by clicking on “Create a resource” and then selecting “Function App”.
- Fill in the required details like subscription, resource group, name, storage account, and runtime stack. Once done, click on the “Create” button.
- Once the function app is created, go to the Functions app and click on “New Function”.
- Select “Timer trigger” and then click on the “Create this function” button.
- A default function code will be generated, and you can modify the code to perform the desired actions.
- Next, go to the function’s “Integrate” tab and configure the trigger to run at a specific time by setting the CRON expression in the “Timer” field.
- Save the changes and then press the “Run” button in the top left corner to test the function.
- The function should now run at the specified time, and you can view its logs by clicking on the “Monitor” tab.
That’s it! You now have a time-triggered Azure function that runs on a schedule as specified in the CRON expression.